The Five-Day JumpStart Challenge Starts Monday!
Five days of healthy eating and moderate exercise can change your entire life. And it’s free.
Your checklist will be as follows:
- No take-out
- No eating in front of the TV/computer
- Drink 8-10 glasses of water each day
- Limit your salt
- No added sugar
- Stop eating by 9:30pm
- Exercise for 30 – 60 minutes each day, depending on your fitness level
Email me by tomorrow to notify me that you’re participating.
We can do this!
What to do before the challenge: Try to get a handle on your average calorie intake for a day. If your goal is to take some weight off then you will either increase your activity level or decrease your calories or do both. Regardless, I would take advantage of the Jump-Start Challenge to improve the quality of your foods making good nutrition a lifelong habit. Once you assess your average calories per day, it will be easy for you to estimate where you need to be to stay at your ideal weight considering your activity level.
Rules of the Challenge: Comment on fitlinda.com once or twice a day so that you are engaged in the challenge, encourage each other, and share what works for you. For example, if you cook something from the site, please share a photo and post. Let’s make this interactive and fun! We may become the best of friends or the worst of enemies by week’s end but I am confidant we will all have better habits than when we started.
- NO TAKEOUT – Yes, I said it. Utilize recipes on the site if you need ideas. Limit the carbs, fats and portions. Listen to your body, eat slowly and stop when you feel satisfied.
- NO EATING IN FRONT OF THE TV – Focus on the meal. Give yourself a set amount of time to eat, then get up from your table and move on to something else.
- DRINK 8-10 GLASSES OF WATER EACH DAY – Add some lemon for flavor and cleansing.
- WATCH YOUR SODIUM.
- NO ADDED SUGARS – No carbonated drinks, no candy and no processed foods
- STOP EATING BY 9:30pm – Aim for three healthy meals and three healthy snacks each day.
- WORKOUT FOR 5 DAYS– Spend 30-60 minutes exercising. Use both cardio and weight-based training videos on fitlinda.com…or go to the gym…or just get outside and walk or run…in the SNOW…lol
Ask for help and support by using the site to communicate with everyone taking the challenge. Remember that each exercise can be modified. To help you get started on a healthier diet, I’ve provided a list of some basic groceries that will get you on your way.
Recommended Grocery List
Eggs … eat the yolks !
A variety of greens to get your digestive system moving. Have them everyday, at least twice. Maybe top your sandwich with extra greens at lunch and start your dinner with a salad.
Lemons – hot lemon water when you are craving something but it’s really not time to eat. You can add honey.
Fruit – I know it’s not the best time to buy, but melon is your best friend for hydration and digestion; apples, pears, and berries are great too.
Natural Almond Butter is a great complement to whole grain breads/crackers/apples.
Nuts – any raw unsalted nuts, preferably pistachios
Whole grain bread
Fresh mozzarella cheese
Cannellini beans, chick peas, kidney beans… any bean at all of a low sodium variety.
Lean chicken breast
Fresh or frozen fresh fish…nothing processed or prepared by the store
1 % or skim milk